LEAD PARTNER: PHOTOCONSORTIUM
- To aggregate 10,000+ new Chinese Cultural Heritage objects in Europeana
- To increase the discoverability of Chinese related objects in Europeana, both those already existing and the new ones
- To perform annotation on 2,000+ existing records
- To develop a validated workflow for appropriate and user friendly annotation, to be then shared to other Cultural institutions and Aggregators
t2.1 CONTENT SELECTION
EXPECTED OUTCOME: selected content to be used for various purposes:
- as new datasets to be aggregated in Europeana
- as part of the new Europeana China Thematic Collection
- as material for editorials and dissemination
- as a base for the final selection of images for the physical
exhibition and in the virtual exhibition on Europeana.
T2.2 ANNOTATION PILOT
EXPECTED OUTCOME: a shared procedure for the
annotation of Chinese content in Europeana, comprising
both semantic background to support metadata curation
and best practices for the annotation workflow.
Different scenarios are investigated:
- Metadata creation from scratch (newly digitized content)
- Deep annotation of records from PAGODE’s content providers
- Semantic enrichment of other content in Europeana
t2.3 INGESTION TO EUROPEANA
EXPECTED OUTCOME: new content aggregated and ingested to Europeana.
Target: 10,000+ records by 31/8/2021 (MS11)
The records are made available to Europeana via PHOTOCONSORTIUM as accredited aggregator.