LEAD PARTNER: PHOTOCONSORTIUM
- To aggregate 10,000+ new Chinese Cultural Heritage objects in Europeana
- To increase the discoverability of Chinese related objects in Europeana, both those already existing and the new ones
- To perform annotation on 2,000+ existing records
- To develop a validated workflow for appropriate and user friendly annotation, to be then shared to other Cultural institutions and Aggregators
t2.1 CONTENT SELECTION
This task enabled a strategy for content selection to be used for various purposes:
- as new datasets to be aggregated in Europeana
- as part of the new Europeana China Thematic Collection
- as material for editorials and dissemination
- as a base for the final selection of images for the physical
exhibition and in the virtual exhibition on Europeana.
T2.2 ANNOTATION PILOT
This task developed a shared procedure for the
annotation of Chinese content in Europeana, comprising
both semantic background to support metadata curation
and best practices for the annotation workflow.
Different scenarios were investigated:
- Metadata creation from scratch (newly digitized content)
- Deep annotation of records from PAGODE’s content providers
- Semantic enrichment of other content in Europeana
t2.3 INGESTION TO EUROPEANA
This task coordinated the aggregation of the new content to be ingested to Europeana.
Target of 10,000 records by 31/8/2021 (MS11) was highly surpassed by delivering over 16.000 records to Europeana via PHOTOCONSORTIUM as accredited aggregator and other Europeana Aggregators.